Saturday, November 30, 2013

For Link

I wanted to do something for my nephew Link for Christmas! I talked with my sister to brainstorm some ideas to do in behalf of him. We came up with a few ideas but I ended up settling on Glass Etching ornaments to donate to the NICU. Link spent the first almost 2 months of his life in the NICU. Spencer was only in the NICU for 4 days but I SO feel for the NICU parents. Even just that short time there felt like forever to not hold my baby when I wanted and take him HOME! So, here's the pictures of what we'll be donating in behalf of Link this week. WE LOVE YOU LINK AND THINK ABOUT YOU ALL THE TIME! We know you are doing wonderful things for our family and others beyond the veil and know you love and care about those of us still here on earth!

This is the poem my Mom wrote to go along with the ornaments:


Instructions included with the ornament:


The ornaments (I hand cut stencils and stuck them on the glass ornaments. Then I used Armor Etch glass etching cream to etch each ornament. There are 21 in total):


Sending love to all the NICU parents and to Link! Love you all! Merry Christmas!

P.S. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year! We went to my Grandma's house and had delicious food and fun company, then we went to see the new movie "Frozen" with my family. It's a tradition with the Potts' side to go see a Thanksgiving movie-BIG THANK YOU TO MY POPS for that! Then we headed to Darrin's parents, did lots of online Black Friday shopping until wee hours of the morning, then we went to Walmart and Home Depot in the morning (MUCH less crowded), and then went to go see my in laws house being built in Lehi. It's going to be SO gorgeous! Then we hung out with some of Darrin's siblings last night. FUN times. I cannot believe it's almost December and we can decorate for CHRISTMAS NOW! I absolutely love this time of year! Each year gets more fun with the boys :).

5 comments:

Tiff Meister said...

so special trisha! they turned out beautiful! the parents will really appreciate such thoughtful gifts. Love you!

Patricia Potts said...

What a beautiful, heart felt blog. I loved seeing and touching those ornaments that you spent MANY hours making. They look like precious bubbles of love. God bless you my daughter!!!

annie andersen said...

What an amazing idea! Way to go Trish =)

Heidi Hamilton said...

Love them Trisha! Thank you SO much for honoring Link through serving others that were in his situation. They are beautiful & so special!!! this is the best Christmas gift you could give him. -- & glad your Thanksgiving was wonderful! Love you sister

Lace said...

your ornaments are beautiful! ps, I have a cricut that cuts vinyl easily and would have loved to help you! I have lots of armor etch too.