Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Projects lately

I've been working on a lot of projects lately. Lots of crafts for Christmas gifts (can't show those just yet because it could give something away :), and lately, some furniture! Darrin and I have also been been busy taking out a wall! So, lots goin' on. PICS!

Taking down the wall that was separating our entry way/kitchen area. We chose to do this mostly to be able to open things up and make it so when we have family over we'll be able to put some extra tables up on the tile. I was hesitant but I'm actually really liking it. We still have finishing work to do but it's lookin' good :). The kids loved helping to hammer and take the wall down!


For the furniture, we were looking for a large shelf for our living room and I've been looking for an above my shampoo bowl cabinet for a while now. We happened to go to the "RE-Store" or another name is "Habitat for Humanity". I found this twin bed headboard that looked like a piece of crap. BUT I saw the inner beauty in it :). I wanted to cut off the legs and refinish it to make a shelf. Darrin didn't see it but I was persistent. It was only $5!! I also found the perfect but needed to be re-finished storage cabinet for my towels in the salon. Another project I have wanted to do is re-finish the hope chest my Aunt Al gave me when I was around 12.

I wanted to try my hand at Chalk paint. I've seen it all over pinterest how you can make your own so I did that. Here's a tutorial here:
http://www.iheartnaptime.net/chalk-paint/

Before and After Salon Cubbord:



Before and After Hope Chest (soon I will be making something to go above it in our room :)):


Before and After Headboard into shelf (I wish I had a picture of it actually as a headboard before I cut off the legs):


What do ya think? I really liked using the chalk paint!

2 comments:

Patricia Potts said...

"wow!...ooh...cool" are the comments Tiff and I expressed as we admired your handiwork!!! Talent, taste and terrific Trisha!!! Way to go!!

Lace said...

I'm thoroughly impressed! I needed a new dresser and thought about buying a pos and re-finishing but didn't think I could so I just bought it re-finished. I am super impressed with your work!!