Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Christmas

I'm a bit behind these days but can't not post about our Christmas! Christmas was a lot of fun. I didn't feel like we did a ton of Christmas-y stuff this season though. Darrin got a whole home theater system/projector/screen etc for Christmas (early) so we were so busy trying to get it all put up before Christmas. We did go to see the Christmas lights downtown with friends, go to our ward Christmas party with Santa there, our elf on the shelf, "Snow" made many appearances, did an advent calendar, went sledding in our backyard behind the 4-wheeler, made gingerbread houses twice with different sets of friends and put up all the Christmas decor. So, still had a lot of fun but there was more on my "list" I would have liked to do :).

Parker was SO much fun this year! He was so into all of it and I knew Christmas morning would be so magical :). Spencer (and Parker) got really into finding Snow the Elf each morning which was fun too. We also hosted the annual Tew Christmas Eve party (all my extended family on my Mom's side which was about 50 who showed up) which was a GREAT turn out and turned out to be a great time!

Christmas morning Parker and I were up earlier than Dad and Spencer. So we made a yummy German Pancake breakfast and then woke them up to eat breakfast. We ate, then opened stockings. Parker was so excited about each individual thing in his stocking. I must have said, "wow!" 100x just for his stocking :). Then we did gifts with the main gifts last. Spencer was a lot more into opening gifts than we thought he'd be. The boys got games, aprons, superhero capes, toys etc and their main gifts being a Razor scooter for Parker and a wiggle scooter for Spencer. Darrin got his yearly homemade calendar, a desktop fooseball table and chest protection for the 4 wheeler besides his whole home theater. He generously got me a new laptop (given to me early since mine broke), rice cooker, Nivea hand cream, lots of snacks I love, solar lights to line the front walkway and a NEW PHONE which I LOVE! We are SO so so blessed!

After our own Christmas we headed to the Potts for Uncle Richards stockings and giving the Hamilton's their gifts. Then off to Simon's for a talent show, Nativity and gifts followed by a fabulous dinner. It was a lot of fun.

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! Onto Pictures:

3 comments:

Tiff Meister said...

I love your summary although how many more Christmas-y things could you do? That was quite a list of activities you did. :) I'm so glad you had a wonderful season! We missed sharing it with you all. Love you guys!

Heidi Hamilton said...

So cute. Love the pic of Spencer NOT loving Santa. And also the ones of the boys together. So sweet. Thank you again for your amazing, thoughtful gifts. LOVE YOU Trisha!

Patricia Potts said...

I love the pictures you shared. I had to smile when you said you had lots more on your "list" because I'm impressed with how much you did!! I'm so proud of you Trisha. I love you,
mom/sis