Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Update about Life

Honesty: Well, this week is crucial. We need to find renters for our basement apartment by the end of this week. We cannot afford to go a month without renters. When I say "we cannot afford" I mean it. We need more hair stylists in the salon in Ogden. Last month we paid for a ton of advertising for the month of September. If we don't have enough stylists in there our money will be wasted. It's a long story actually. We're trying to work something out so we're not completely out all of our money. We have had to lower our rent for our apartment by $125/month to get people to show interest. The renting market is SO hard right now. Since we've lowered the price, we've had plenty of calls. Plenty of people who schedule appointments to come look at it. Do they show up for their appointments? No. Only ONE couple has actually showed up. Do I understand all of these no shows at for our apartment AND the salon? No. We've posted fliers at the institute building at the U. Craigslist. KSL. Facebook. Blog. Texting everyone to ask if anyone knows of anyone. Very little response. Yesterday we held a family fast. Prayed and fasted that things will turn around by the end of the week. Going to the temple tonight. Things will work out. Please?

7 comments:

Heidi Hamilton said...

Our prayers & thoughts are with you! :( I'm so sorry that things are so hard right now.
One thing we've had to really try and learn is that the Lord's ways are not our ways and supernatural things can happen if we are obedient.
Mom always says "have faith. be believing. things will work out." I know they will one way or the other.
I love you sister.

Patricia Potts said...

Thanks so much for inviting us to go to the temple with you. I feel there are miracles (and a nice surprise party) just around the corner.
Love,
mom

Anonymous said...

Ack! was my first reaction.
Oh good, was my second. You've got your hearts and your faith in the right place. Things will work out - I know they will! So sorry I don't know any hairdressers or people looking to rent.
Keeping you in our prayers, though. Good luck!! :)

Elizabeth said...

I am sorry you guys are having a not so great time right now. I will be praying for you.

The Pali's said...

I know things will work out for you. Just keep doing what you're doing and Heavenly Father will help you guys out. I'll keep you in my prayers too...some extra help couldn't hurt right?

Chelsea said...

Sorry i don't know anyone who cuts hair or needs an apartment, but the one thing i do know, being in the industry, and i am sure Darrin knows this too, but most mortgage companies are very willing to help their cutsomers work something out temporarily with the way the economy is. and i know that my work does a lot more for people if they contact them before they run into trouble. A call explaining you situtation before you run into real trouble could make a world of difference

Trisha said...

Thank you everyone for your thoughts, prayers and suggestions! We still need them. We're very hopeful for one couple that came to look at the apartment though. We'll find out about them by the end of today :/