Saturday, August 8, 2009

Help Please!

Well, there is new news with the salon. This week we had both of our full time stylists quit on us. No warning. No indication. No two weeks notice. How awesome is that?! We really should have known cause they quit the last salon they were working at together and now they quit our salon together. We're still not quite sure why they quit. We've been getting them a lot of clients. More than we promised in the first place.

So, now we are left with one part time stylist (whom we love!) at nights. So for half of this week we've just had to have all of the salon's phone calls forwarded to Paige's phone (our part timer) and we've just been open at nights and closed during the day. Which is NOT a good thing! But it's kinda out of our hands. I would go up there and work but I already have my clients here that I'm taking care of.

We posted an ad on KSL and Craigslist saying we're hiring and we got a booth renter in as an Esthetician so that's good. So now we're a salon and spa. We also have an interview with a part time morning stylist on Monday. But we really need more and don't know if it'll work out with her. If you know of anyone who is a stylist that lives in the area, please let them know about us. That'd really mean a lot.

Another thing is that our renters are moving out at the end of this month. Our basement appartment is 1100 square feet, 1-2 bedrooms (technically one bedroom but the HUGE living room has a HUGE walk in closet that has also been used as a bedroom) and obviously a fully equiped kitched and bathroom. Plus, you'd have a hair stylist right in your own home :). Haha- I know Melanie enjoyed that. If you or anyone you know is looking let us know or pass on Darrin's number if you would (801)232-2305. It's very centrally located and it's great if your going to school at the U or SLCC.

Thank you for helping us out! It's greatly appreciated! Here are some pics of our appartment:








9 comments:

Patricia Potts said...

We are praying for you and Darrin. We are so proud of you. Your faith will see you through. Love,
mom/sis
p.s. I'm forwarding your message

Becka Thomas said...

Sounds like you're having quite a rough patch. I'm sure things will get better soon.

Anonymous said...

I wanted to say hi after church today but was trapped playing postlude. :( Consider yourself hugged, though! :) I know things will work out alright!

Tamara said...

Super cute apartment! I'll post your help needed on Facebook. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Trisha -- Keep the faith, fight the good fight, and remain assured that the Lord promises to fight your battles, fill your life with peace, and make your family happy beyond compare. To do so, all He asks is that you (continue to) let Him. Sweet deal, huh? :D

Kelly Jean said...

What a bummer about the quitters. :( Hopefully the next ones will be a little more permanent. And that basement apartment is so cute!! Good luck with that too! If I hear of anyone looking for an apartment, I'll refer them to you.

Michael Scott Sandberg said...

Dang i am so sorry trisha. thats rough. what little stinks. i outta track em down and spit in their quitting little faces haha. and id enjoy it too! if theres anything i can do to help let me know! i can try and advertise even more. ill make your add on my blog more prominent. how much do you charge for the basement apartment? maybe i can ask around if someone needs a place.

ann said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment! We are excited about the baby. I've peaked at your blog a few times and think the salon is chic and beautiful! I wish I knew stylists in the area. Melanie had that apartment looking awesome. I am sure it will rent in no time! Tell her hi for me. Are they moving for Shane's school?

ann said...

oh my goodness! I didn't know they were expecting. She'll be an amazing mom! That is awesome. Moving has been great for us. We love our new house, area, and neighbors, but it is always hard to leave people, ya know?