Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunburns

Darrin and I went boating with his family on Friday and my legs got FRIED! Ouch!!! I applied sunscreen twice. But my legs were ghostly white and they haven't seen the sun for one looooong winter. So, therefore they are now cherry red. I can barely sleep at night. So I decided to research sunburn remedies and I thought I would share it with you all because it's summer and sunburns hurt!
  • Apple Cider Vinigar
  • Malox: this works amazingly well, put liquid maalox on a cotton ball or washcloth, apply to sunburned areas and it takes the heat and pain out immediately. Let it dry on your skin, if the sunburn is bad, apply it again when it starts to "heat up" again. you will be amazed at how well this works.
  • Walgreens makes a vitamin E cream that's enriched with aloe and vitamins A&D. Apply it to your sunburn and it relieves it a ton!
  • here is a great sunburn relief, take corn starch and water, a little of each. mix into a paste not to thin and not to thick. hurry cause it dries up fast. apply to sunburn let dry,. do not wash off/ eventually it will flake off. it dries the sunburned area up. and prevents blisters. I usually put the paste on before I go to bed, then shower the next morning. hope it works for you.
  • BABY OILInstructions = since childhood i've stuck with either ALoe Vera's green gel for sunburns ..for mild burns but for heavy burns baby oil works best to moisturize n keep burnt skin soft while it turns into a tan.
  • Mustard: Rub mustard on sunburn. Let it dry. This will pull the heat out and help it tan.

These are just some ideas I found! Try them! I sure will be...

1 comment:

Heidi Hamilton said...

Cute posts Trish! Hey- might want to turn those pictures of your hairdos. Sorry about your sunburn. It will be fun to peel off though, right? Looooovvveee you - and have I told you how happy I am you have a blog?