Sunday, June 29, 2008

Bye Bye High School Car :(


We recently sold my high school car. A 1992 Honda Accord LX. Sounds pretty sweet-I know. It was a wagon/hatchback, had some super seriously sweet vibrating going on, and it had 200,000 miles on it. My parents decided to gift the car to Darrin and I for our wedding after my roommate wrecked it. It sounds pretty bad-we thought so too at the time, but it turned out to really come in handy. It was very nice to have two cars, especially because mine had great A/C! But with the vibrating and such Darrin thought it'd be smart to sell it before it broke down (but I knew it'd last forever and always...after all it was my baby!) Anyway, we posted it on KSL with a picture of me on the car with a heading that read, "wife not included". We thought that would draw a bit more attention that the other adds. But it was posted once with hardly any response, and then we re posted it. 35 days passed and we didn't get any bites. When on the 36th day, THREE people called and wanted it! The first person who looked at it bought it. Wow-a huge blessing for us. With Darrin being laid off and all, I'm sure that money will really come in handy. But I have to say, I really miss my baby. It was hard to give her away to a stranger. Isn't it funny how we get attached to our high school clunkers? Well, at least I did!

No comments: