Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My Boys Lately

I feel like I haven't blogged about my boys lately. It's time to update. I feel SO lucky BLESSED to be a mother. Every day is a new day to enjoy my sweet, loveable boys who make me smile and laugh constanly. I feel like I'm in a stage right now that's going by waaaaaayy to quickly but I'm really enjoying it.

I'll start with Parker. Parker says things/does things every day that I just want to pick him up and squeeze him with hugs and kiss him! (He also does things every day that make me want to just plain squeeze him and say, "Why on earth would you do that?!")-but for the most part I'm really loving this age of 2 :).

BOYS ARE SWEET. Let's face it-when I found out I was having a boy I was a bit disappointed. Not because I thought I wouldn't love him but just because I've always imagined myself having girls. I grew up with sisters and I LOVE them so much! I love girlie things. I honestly didn't think I knew how to play with cars, legos and balls. But let me tell you- I can :). Parker is SUCH a sweet boy. Lately he has been so willing to give hugs, kisses and just to tell you he loves you. It MELTS MY HEART! I absolutely LOVE having boys! (not saying I don't want any girls :)) Here are some things that Parker has been up to lately:
-Parker loves his baby brother. (Most of the time :)). He will say things like "Hey Spencer, how's it goin?". If Spencer is crying he will sometimes say "It's ok Spencer, sssshhhhhh", in a nice, loving tone. When Spencer is "talking" Parker will say, "Oh really Spencer?" :). He also get's very excited when Spencer wakes up and the first noise he hears Spencer make he says, "SPENCER WOKE UP!" (in a very excited tone :)).
-Our nightly routine with Parker consists of Milk, Brush teeth, Say family prayers, get in bed (with his monkey of course!)
Parker: "Sing?"
Me: "Sing what?"
Parker: "Of God?" (AKA "I am a Child of God).
So I sing it.
Parker "Sing?".
Me: "Sing what?".
Parker: "Stars?" (AKA Twinkle, Twinkle)
So we turn out the lights to see his glow in the dark stars and I sing it. I then tell him goodnight and he says,
Parker: "Hugs?"
I give him tight hugs, enjoying this time when he wants my loves :)
Parker: "Kisses?"
I give him sweet kisses. He then proceeds
Parker: "Monkey Hugs?"
I hug his monkey.
Parker: "Monkey Kisses?
I kiss his monkey.
Parker: "Tiger hugs?"
etc. etc. etc. You get the idea :). I simply love these moments each night!
-Parker LOVES his Daddy. He will say goodbye in the mornings and give Darrin sweet hugs and kisses. Then throughout the day he asks several times about Dad or says things like, "I wanna see Daddy". One day when Darrin got home Parker said, “Sit right here Dad and watch TV”. hahaha. And most nights when Dad gets home from work Parker says, “Daddy’s Home!”. He runs over, gives Dad hugs, and then says, “Sock’s off Dad”. And proceeds to take Daddy’s socks off. (This is what Darrin always does first thing when he gets home and Parker caught on :))
-As far as potty training goes, Parker is catching on. I'm trying not to push it but just to let it happen when he's ready. At the same time I try and talk about it often so that he will hopefully get interested more and more. The past week or so, every time right after he goes #2 he says, "I need to go potty!" and insists on sitting on the potty. So, he's associating that going #2 means go potty on the toilet, but he's not quite at the point where he knows beforehand. BUT nonetheless he has now gone both #1 and #2 in the potty! This is very exciting that he's showing interest!
-For the most part lately Parker is really good about the concept of “Do this first, then do this”. For instance, putting a toy away before he can play with another toy. Or eating some dinner before he gets fruit. He’s getting the concept better every day which is great!

The look of pure JOY on Parker's face with his new race track:

He liked the smoothie I made-can you tell?
























Airplane with Dad:

























Now onto Spencer. Spencer is also a very very sweet baby. Chances are that if you make eye contact with this kid, his whole face lights up and you'll be gifted with a giant smile that is the CUTEST smile you EVER did see! About Spencer lately:
-Spencer started sitting up on his own at 5 months, 10 days old :). So proud of him-he's growing up way too fast though!
-Unlike Parker, Spencer seems to really want everything in front of him. He gets frusterated that he can't crawl to objects he wants. I wouldn't be surprised if he started crawling sooner than later. But for now, he rolls, turns around in a circle in a 360 radius to grab things in his grasp, and he reaches while kicking :). Very cute.
-Spencer is still not sleeping through the night. This has been really hard on me. With baby #1 you can sleep when they sleep. With baby #2, I'm usually up for the day at 7 which is when Parker usually wakes up because I have to be up. No more sleeping in with baby. So, waking up through the night (usually 2-5 times) is rough on me. He usually will go right back to sleep after I feed him though which is nice. But sometimes it wakes me up too much when I go in there to feed him causing me to have a hard time getting back to sleep :(. But on the upside, on the very occational night when he wakes up 1-2 times I feel SO GRATEFUL!

First time trying solid food:





And there you have it. I LOVE my boys SO much! And I feel like the most fortunate mother in the universe!

3 comments:

Marta Nielsen said...

Your boys are so stinkin cute. Love this post and all the sweet mommy memories in it. :)

Heidi Hamilton said...

LOVE the updates Trish. Keep 'em comin'! Love how Parker says "oh really Spencer?" and I'm L O V I N G those 5.5 month pics of Spencer. Adorable! Give 'em loves for me! See you soon!

Unknown said...

trisha i can't believe you have two boys!! they are so darling, you look so happy :)