Sunday, September 16, 2012

24

Happy Birthday to me! It was an AWESOME day! When I woke up I was gifted my first gift which was a SMART PHONE! I cannot tell you how long I've longed for one. My phone was ancient. I hated my calendar (really important to me) and I couldn't view anything but text in emails among other things I knew I'd love in a smart phone. So, I got a new phone and I'm mostly loving it! We got on a plan called REPUBLIC. It's only $20/month with unlimited everything (talk, text, data). But it's still in Beta/Testing phase so there are some glitches. You have to be invited to their plan which means you had to sign up for it as soon as they announced about it and when they had room they'd invite you. Things just worked out to where we were able to get one JUST IN TIME for my birthday. I had NO IDEA and was way surprised (I LOVE surprises!! Good ones at least :)).

Then my sweet mother took me out to breakfast at Bruges Frites and Waffles downtown. Never been? Please go! Their waffles are AMAZING. Thanks to my bestie Marta I now love the place. She took me there two years ago for my bday and introduced me. Breakfast was delicious and so wonderful as always to spend time with my Mom.

Then we dropped the kids off at my Mom-in-Laws for a surprise activity that I had no idea about. We first had lunch at Noodles and Co. (Free meal for my bday-if you're not on their bday list get on it-it rocks! :)). Then we headed to PARK CITY. We went on the zip line and the Eagle zip line. Then Darrin said we were going to go SHOPPING for ME!! What?!? Did I hear him correctly?? REALLY?!? A dream come true. He was SO patient, holding stuff for me, waiting for me to try stuff on, giving me nice opinions,. and being the best husband EVER born! I ended up getting a new BLENDER (SWEET! I got a ninja food processor/blendor for $50. Very excited to be able to have a blender that actually blends. I've made several green smoothies since and I'm in love), I got 2 pair of Sketchers BOBS (I'm in LOVE with these. SO comfortable!!!!!!) and some socks. Unfortunately I didn't find any actual clothes. I swear when you're looking you never find stuff you like. But when you're not looking and broke-you find all the stuff you love...wierd how that works.

We then went to dinner at Ruby Tuesdays. My favorite restaurant. And the only Utah location open now is in Park City. Again, I had a free meal there for my birthday. Awesomeness lyes in being on birthday spam lists :).

Other awesome things that made my birthday wonderful was my in-laws got me a food dehydrator. I'm way excited to use it! I've wanted one for a while now. Now I can make fruit leather, dried all sorts of stuff, granola, trail mix, etc, etc, etc,. Marta took me out for my birthday also which was so much fun to get to be with her! We had breakfast (I can't remember the name of the place-way cute though and delish!). Then we went to Target and I got to help with baby registry. I love that kind of stuff. My family and my in-laws gave me shopping money for my birthday which I've spent half of already and I'll be saving the other half for when I find something special :). My sister Heidi gave me an Olive Garden gift card (LOVE that place) that we'll be using.

I'm so grateful for such an amazing family and friends who made my birthday so special. Seriously though, my husband is amazing and I'm so thankful each day of my life that I'm married to my best friend. He makes me so happy and I love him forever!





Next Post=all about my new goal

3 comments:

Marta Nielsen said...

Happy Birthday to you! Sounds like you had an AWESOME day.

I pretty much want to go to Bruges all the time... so glad you love it too. :)

And, I have a lil' present from Germany for you! So we need to get together soon. Maybe a waffle date???!

Heidi Hamilton said...

Glad your birthday was so awesome sis! You deserve it! Love you bunches!

Kelly Jean said...

Woohoo! Happy Birthday!!!! I'm so glad you were born :)

Um, LOVE Bruges Waffles & Frites!!! I worked like 2 minutes away from there [walking distance] for 5 years... it took all I had not to eat there all the time. :) Mmm!

LOVE your long hair! So beautiful!!