Monday, September 24, 2012

28

Darrin turned 28! I wanted to document what we did for his big day. The night before his birthday I made his birthday dinner since we wouldn't be around for me to make a special dinner on his actual birthday. So, I made a shrimp appitizer and parmesean crusted tilapia for dinner. I hate fish. This is why this is a once a year if that occation that I cook fish for Darrin. I feel bad but I just can't handle the stuff. I actually tried Tilapia-I've tried lots of different fish dishes before but hated them. I would not ever try shrimp again. Tried it too many times and the texture is still the same. Nope-no way-no thank you! But I did try the tilapia. It actually wasn't too bad... that does not mean I'll be cooking fish for dinner more frequently thouhg-sorry Darrin! But according to Darrin the meal was delicious-so I'll take his word for it! It made me feel good that I was able to cook it and make it good even though I never cook fish and don't like it.

On the day of his birthday I made his favorite breakfast-fresh toast. I know-simple-but he loves the stuff! He went to work to play a volleyball game (he's on a volleyball team at work) and unfortunately they lost. How dare they lose on his birthday! Then we went to lunch at Carl's Jr. Darrin loves Carl's Jr. and swears it's the ONLY fast food place EVER worth going to...:). We then dropped the kids off at my in-laws (Thank you thank you thank you!!!) and we were off to our mystery activities! Darrin had no idea what the plans were. So I just set the GPS to give him directions and we were off! We ended up in Ogden. Our first activity was indoor SKYDIVING at IFLY! Ever heard off it? It was AWESOME! It's an indoor wind tunnel that simulates skydiving. We both loved it! After that we followed the GPS again and it took us to LOGAN, UT. I surprised him with a Bed and Breakfast in Logan called Seasons at the Riter Mansion. It was not our favorite bed and breakfast we've ever been to but nice nonetheless. We went to dinner at an italian restaurant across the street that was sooooo good! Darrin got a pasta dish with PEARS in it and I got Sweet Potato stuffed ravioli. SOOO good people! The next day we went to the Gardener's Market in Logan, stopped by the Brigham City Temple so we could see it in person before the dedication, and then went indoor SURFING at FLOWRIDER and Rockclimbing. Boy am I SORE!!!! When you biff it surfing it hurts! And then it hurts more the next day... But we had a BLAST! And on Friday we'll be going indoor scuba diving-another part of his gift. I'm SO blessed to have Darrin in my life! He does so much for our little family and I just love the guy SO much!!!! Happy 28th Birthday My Love! Here are some pics:

IFLY (I wish I could post the video but it's super long and would take foreeeever to upload):



The B&B:



Brigham City Temple, Flowrider, and Rock Climbing:




P.S. As an fyi I'm up to 7 lbs lost from doing this program with my sis in laws! Not that it's about the weight loss really but I'm feeling good!


2 comments:

Patricia Potts said...

Wow!!!!!! What more can I say? I think you just won the prize for the best wife in the world!!

Heidi Hamilton said...

Holy Chow sista! How are you going to top that next year?? Don't know a more adventuresome couple than you guys!