Sunday, May 9, 2010

Today is Mother's Day. When I think of the word "Mom" I obviously think of my own mother and my husbands mother. Today, since I have the time on my hands, I've been in deep thought about these women and the title "Mother" which I will soon be called. So, my thoughts are jumbled but I want to share them.

My mother is not just my mother. My mother is my dear friend. My mother is my teacher. My mother is my example. My mother is my angel.

My favorite saying from my mother that will always be with me is,
"What does it matter in all of eternity?"
Whenever I was having a hard time with something that was going on in my life, she would state this. I use it continually throughout my life. Really-what does it matter in all of eternity? It makes those little issues that seem big little again :).

My mom is an example of all things good. She always puts others before herself. Service and thoughtfulness is definitely one of her many strong suites. She is an example of not just reading the scriptures but taking the time to ponder them. She even has a 'ponder page' in her planner of things to ponder on :). I love my mother!

I love that when I want to just 'think out loud' I can call my mom and she is an excellent listener.

Then comes my Mother in Law. Darrin's mom is an AMAZING woman! How can she not be when she raised 8 children? All of whom served missions. 7 sons and a daughter. How can you know that and not think, "WOW!"

All of her children look up to her with utmost respect. I love that!

She is also talented in SO many ways. She makes countless numbers of quilts for the humanitarian center. It seems like every time I go over there she's working on a new quilt for them. She's always offering a helping hand in any project that Darrin and I are working on.

She's a very clean person which I also love. Her house is always spotless and
organized.

My mother in law is a woman of faith and love. She shows deep concern for others and is always looking for ways to help. Just by knowing her you can tell of her love for the Savior and her love for her family. She has a light!

I feel so blessed to have these wonderful women and examples in my life!

Sometime within the next who knows how long, I will take on the role as a mother. I am overwhelmed at times at the responsibility that comes with this title. But then there are these remarkable women in my life that have shown the way. I just hope and pray that I can take these attributes that I love about them and apply them into my own life and into my upcoming 'mothering' days.

I cannot wait to meet my little boy and hold him in my arms for the first time. To see Darrin cradle his son for the first time and every time after that. I am overcome this mothers day with feelings of gratitude, excitement and respect for the wonderful women in my life.

3 comments:

Heidi Hamilton said...

That was a sweet post, Trish. Our mom is truly awesome - and you are going to be such a great mommy.
Hope you're feeling well.
Love you!

Patricia Potts said...

Trisha, I'm kind of glad you had some extra time this week so you could write such a loving tribute. Thank you sweetheart.
Love,
mom/sis

Anonymous said...

You are truly blessed, so I leave these words God Is Blessing You!