Wednesday, May 19, 2010

35 weeks

Well folks, today I am 35 weeks along! It's been 2 weeks now since the whole "preterm labor" incident-so I'm feeling pretty accomplished by that. 2 weeks does A LOT for a babies development!

Bedrest. Well, it's been ok. I've tried to keep myself busy with journaling, thank you cards, craft projects in bed and some tv and movies. Surprisingly, I haven't been sitting around watching tv all day every day like I thought. So, that's good :).

I have had my fair share of break-downs the last 2 weeks though. It took a few days, but the emotions finally set in. All the unanswered questions: Is my baby going to be ok?, when is my baby coming?, how much longer do I have to prepare myself?, are all these painful contractions even doing anything?, will I even know when I'm in true labor because of all of these contractions I'm already having on a daily basis? etc, etc, etc...

The feelings of fear, excitement, anxiety, and wonderment all at once. Wow. Emotional.

We had a little scare of pre-eclampsia the last week. On Thursday I had high blood pressure and protein in my urine. Meaning that if this didn't clear up I'd be induced this week. Well, it cleared up! My blood pressure is now back to normal and no signs of protein in my urine. So, that was a bit of a scary thing but I'm glad I don't need to worry about it anymore!

I really don't think I'm going to know when I'm in true labor. The other night I had two straight hours of painful contractions averaging 4 minutes apart and lasting 50-65 seconds. Sound like labor? Does to me! But I figured I'd try and get some rest (I was exhausted!!! 3am) and go from there. When I woke up they were more spaced out so I didn't go in. But SHEESH! Ouch! And no fun! I really hope that my water breaks when the time comes-otherwise I'll be sitting around having contractions forever and not realizing when it's the real thing. Well, I guess we'll just have to see when and how it happens :)

But 1 more week and a day until I'm FREE!!!! YAY!!! I will then be 36 weeks and my doctor feels comfortable delivering me whenever after that. So, who knows when my baby boy will decide to make his debut? I could still go full term or over (but boy I sure hope not-these contractions are no fun man!). But whenever he decides to come I am SO eager to meet this little man of mine. I can't wait!



6 comments:

Patricia Potts said...

Cute cartoons Trisha. My goodness, you have a way of "telling it like it is" without being negative!
Love,
mom

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. We're pulling for you guys and for a full(er)-term pregnancy so the little tyke can cook some more! Hang in there.

The Pali's said...

So sorry you're going through all those nasty contractions. They aren't fun. Next time you have really bad contractions like that take a bath. If the contractions get worse you'll know you're in real labor. That's what my doctor told me to do...and that's how I found out I was in real labor with Connor. Hope things get better soon and that your little boy makes his debut when the time is right :)

dkstaker said...

Hang in there you are almost there!! Can;t wait to hear when you little man decides to make his entrance!!! Good luck!

Heidi Hamilton said...

Yes. I like the cartoons. Especially the answering the phone one. That is totally it.
1 more week. HOORAY!! We all are so excited to meet baby Parker.
LOVE YOU!

Kelly Jean said...

Oh, Trish! Hang in there. I'll keep you in my prayers!! Way to be so positive. Love ya girl!