Thursday, June 10, 2010

Ticking Time Bomb

I feel like a ticking time bomb. Literally. I believe that every pregnant woman has this feeling near the end. Everywhere I go it seems like I get comments like, "WOW-you're about ready to pop!" and, "Be sure and stay away from sharp objects!" (it took me a minute to get that one the first time I heard it...)

My OBGYN is going out of town next Tuesday. For a week. So, someone I’ve never met could be delivering my baby. Not a huge deal but kinda sad :(. He get’s back into town the night of the 23rd of June. I will be put on the schedule for the morning of the 24th to be induced if I haven’t had my sweet baby by then. So, THERE IS AN END IN SIGHT! What a blessing to know that I WILL have this baby :). The end is near in sight. Now it just takes a lot of patience to get to the end.

PATIENCE. I am just SO excited to meet my little boy though. So is Darrin- to be Daddy. PATIENCE.

P.S. For those who are interested I am now dilated to a "loose" 3 and 90% effaced.




7 comments:

ann said...

You look super cute! Seriously, so good. Good luck these next couple of weeks! It will all be wonderful. It is such a miracle! I still think that everyday when I look at our little guy. I am so excited for you! Can't wait to see him!

Anonymous said...

Exciting times for the Simon family. None of my wife's OBGYN's were ever present for the delivery of our kids, if that's any consolation. And, the kids turned out alright. So far.

Unknown said...

You look so good still. You don't look swollen or anything. You are all baby. I wished I looked like that! My doctor didn't deliver me either but I loved the guy who did. I bed your are going to have the baby before tuesday. Good Luck!!

Heidi Hamilton said...

Hey my cute preggo sis. Yes - the last month of pregnancy is extremely slow motion, but once the baby is here, it will seem in fast-forward & you won't hardly remember the misery. Else why would us crazy women keep having babies?
Love you. You DO look super-cute.

Becka Thomas said...

I know most pregnant women would shoot me for saying this but the waiting is probably a bit harder for you. You've been expecting him to come at at moment for a month now, where most women are looking forward toward there due date and just hoping they go a bit early. Good thing pregnancy doesn't last forever and he'll be in your arms cooing at his beautiful mommy before you know it.

Kat said...

You are such a cute pregnant lady! I never really like the comments that most people make when I'm pregnant. What woman really ever wants to be told how huge they are...even if it is true?!?!?! ( p.s. but I don't think you are huge,and are about to pop. You look normal!)

Amanda said...

whoa TMI