Thursday, September 29, 2011

Before & After

I had posted on facebook a little bit ago that Darrin and I bought a condo! But I haven't posted anything about it on here yet. So I thought that I would share :).

We've been working hard on remodeling. So far we have had the ENTIRE place painted (EVERYWHERE: Kitchen cabinets, insides of closets, ceilings, EVERYWHERE.), we got all new carpet, we replaced all the light fixtures (well, we still need one but are going to replace it), replaced all the wall plates, replaced the bathroom sink with a nice vanity, we're going to replace all the floor registers (we like clean :)), and CLEANED, CLEANED, CLEANED!!! Every once in a while Darrin and I like to do a project together. Boy was this a PROJECT! Almost finished, not quite, but I want to show it off now! The pictures really don't do it justice Before OR after. We have ordered nice, new wood blinds too and they're on their way so ignore the blinds please.

If you know anyone who's interested in renting the condo, it's pretty much ready to show and rent right now :). Here are the specs: 875 sq. feet, 2 bedrooms (one with a closet I LOVE), 1 bath, kitchen, dining room, living room, 3 storage closets plus a coat closet. It does have washer and dryer hook ups. It's in West Valley at approximately 4000 South and 4000 West. It has a garden space that is for the condo (which I think is pretty sweet to be able to have that). We're going to be asking $675/month for it on KSL and craigslist, BUT for trusted friends or refferals we are willing to do it for $625. H.O.A., water and sewage and garbage are INCLUDED. We just want someone we can trust in there that respects property (especially because we just re-did everything) and pays rent. If you have any questions just let me know!

Well, here goes nothing showing the before and afters (I wasn't going to post before's because they gross me out but I wanted to share with y'all how hard we've been working :)):

BEFORE PICTURES (prepare to be grossed out):
(you can't really tell in the picture but the sink is crooked and falling off the wall a little bit :))











AFTER PICTURES (they really don't do it justice-you can't see all the pretty new light fixtures in them and we didn't take many of the bathroom yet since we still need to install the faucet and mirror)

Bedroom #1:


Bedroom #2. I love this closet-which you can hardly see in the picture. It's kind of a walk in closet. Not huge but MUCH bigger than mine with plently of clothes and shoe space:):



The hall with laundry area at the end of the hallway:


Bathroom Shower/Tub (like I said we didn't get the rest of the bathroom 'cause we haven't installed the faucet or mirror yet :( )


Dining Room:


Kitchen (LOVE the kitchen-but again, IGNORE the window-we have new wood blinds on the way :))




Living Room/Dining room/Entry way (BLINDS WILL BE REPLACED :))




So, there you have it. Our new condo. We're kinda excited about it :)

7 comments:

Patti said...

Wow! You guys did an awesome job, looks great!
Patti

Tiff Meister said...

I'm impressed Trish! I think the colors look great. Love you.

Kelly Jean said...

Ah, that looks great! Way to go!! We might be looking for a place next February/March, but that's a few months away, so I'm assuming you'll have someone there by then... :/

crissy // mama boss said...

Those before pictures are gross... But after all of your hard work? It looks fantastic! I'm sure you won't have any trouble renting it out! :)

Patricia Potts said...

Wow! What a transformation. You took unorganization and made it into order...hmmm...sounds pretty heavenly to me!!

Michael Scott Sandberg said...

looks awesome!! love it. you guys really got to work!! haha. looked like quite the project to tackle. the results must be rewarding though. nicely done!

Unknown said...

so cool you bought a condo!!! it looks great!